Rewilding Retreat Registration
Rewild your wonder! Seeking soul growth and spiritual formation requires more dirt, sun, and rain than pulpits provide. Through attuning to the rhythmic seasons of the natural world, the elements, and the phases of a wonder-filled sky, we gain insight and knowledge of ourselves and the mysteries surrounding the sacred, growing the capacity to receive wisdom and guidance from the revelatory Earth.
Respond to this call to seek the sacred within the text of the natural world and recover your feral faith on Whidbey Island for this day long retreat with Mary DeJong at the Whidbey Institute's Storyhouse, a nurturing cabin surrounded by legacy forest and the whispers of wild life. Here you will expand your sense of rootedness to a place through the practice of the Rewilding Wheel™, a sacred wheel circuit designed to cultivate seasonal practices and disciplines that nurture a conscious relationship with the earth, the elements, and the divine. You will come away with routine, regular, and repeated rhythms and rituals that honor and connect with Earth's seasons and elements as a way to recover your sense of self and the sacred in the very real soil of your daily existence.
- Expert teaching and soulful group facilitation
- Rewilding Wheel™ material and guided personal application
- Guided nature walk with native plant identification
- Introduction to and support during a forested labyrinth walk
- Thoughtfully prepared and seasonally focused vegetarian mid-day meal, snacks, and herbal teas
- Wild-crafting materials
- Supported nature solo time
- Access to a 100 acre trail system in a legacy forest
- Travel expenses
- Personal writing materials (journal, paper, pen/pencil) and backpack
- Warm layers, weather proof outdoor wear, and sturdy water resistant footwear
- A seeker's desire and the posture of seeing the stranger as a sacred guide!